WHO ARE THE SCHOLARS?
Freeman Scholars are impressive, thoughtful, and persistent in overcoming challenges. They all demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong academic foundation
- Community-mindedness and dedication to service
- Capacity for reflection, leadership, and growth
Recipients of this scholarship have access to all the benefits of the Honors College, including specialized honors and merit scholars advising, guest speakers, social activities with other high-achieving students, free printing in Levine Hall, priority registration for classes, and so much more!
- Equal to in-state tuition and fees, renewable for three (3) years
- Membership in multi-year honors program
- Receive support from the Honors College
- Access to honors housing in Levine Hall
- Open to all majors
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA and qualify as Pell-eligible
- Incoming freshman, full time
- Minimum unweighted High School GPA of 3.20
- Minimum 1200 on SAT or 22 on ACT
- Join and remain a member in good standing of an honors program in the Honors College
HOW TO APPLY:
Students who complete the Honors College admission application by December 1, 2023, and file the FAFSA by February 15, 2024, will automatically be considered for the Freeman Scholarship.
|Deadline to apply to UNC Charlotte to be considered for the Freeman Scholarship
|Deadline to apply to the Honors College to be considered for the Freeman Scholarship
|Applicants must submit FAFSA
|Freeman Scholarship awarded through the NinerScholars Portal