Social Work

Honors in Social Work

Director: Professor Roger Suclupe

Social Work students have the opportunity to pursue honors in their program by completing research and field experiences that will aid in the development of a thesis within their major to further their academic and career goals. 

When can I apply? 

Students may apply to the honors program when they are applying to the Upper Division Social Work program. 

What are the GPA requirements? 

You must have at least a 3.5 GPA when applying to the honors program.

What are the curricular requirements? 

Students enroll in SOWK 3900 and SOWK 3988 to complete their research, while also completing SOWK 3482 and SOWK 3484 to meet the requirements of their field experience. Visit the program website to learn more about the required courses and thesis options.

Learn more